What exactly is a ‘Notary Public’ or ‘Public Notary’?
A Notary Public is a Solicitor who holds a current full practising certificate and is appointed for life by the Supreme Court of a State or Territory as a Notary Public upon proof of good character and long outstanding experience in the practice of law. Professor Owen Harris, head lawyer here at TranQuill Legal, has been appointed by the ACT Supreme Court to hold such office and has internationally recognized power and authority to prepare certificates of Australian law for use overseas.
We offer a range of services for individuals and for business organisations.
Notary Services We Offer At TranQuill Legal include:
- Certification of true copies for use overseas
- Administering oaths for use in Australia/internationally
- Certification of legal documents for use in Australia/internationally, including powers of attorney, wills, university degrees and transcripts, property deeds and general contracts
- Witness affidavits, statutory declarations and other documents for use in Australia/internationally
- Certification of the genuineness of documents
- Exemplification of official documents for use internationally (i.e. make an attested copy of a document under seal)
- Noting and contesting bills of exchange
- Preparation of ships’ protests
- Lodgement with DFAT (Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and embassies of notarised/authenticated documents and those requiring an apostille