Notary services we offer at TranQuill Legal include:
- Certification of true copies for use overseas
- Administering of oaths for use in Australia/internationally
- Certification of legal documents for use in Australia/internationally, including powers of attorney, wills, university degrees and transcripts, property deeds and general contracts
- Witness affidavits, statutory declarations and other documents for use in Australia/internationally
- Certification of the genuineness of documents
- Exemplification of official documents for use internationally (i.e. make an attested copy of a document under seal)
- Noting and contesting bills of exchange
- Preparation of ships’ protests
- Lodgement with DFAT (Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and embassies of notarised/authenticated documents and those requiring an apostille (additional charges apply for using this service)
How long do appointments take?
A notary appointment usually takes around half an hour, depending on the complexity of the work required.
What should I bring to the appointment?
Please remember to bring:
a) the document/s you require notarising
b) some form of ID with you, either a passport or driving licence
c) any other information that either we have requested you bring or that the country you are needing the document for has requested
d) cash or credit card for payment (note that there is a small surcharge when using all cards)
Fees for individuals
As of 1st January 2020, for clients in Australia who are able to come in to our offices, our fees vary but generally it costs $134.97 ($132 if paying cash) (inc GST) for the first document and $67.48 ($66 if paying cash) (inc GST) for each subsequent document. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, EFTPOS and ApplePay (in office consultations only). If you prefer we can issue an invoice with bank account details and you can pay via direct deposit.
The drafting of legal documents on your behalf is offered for an additional fee. Fee for this service on application.
We also offer a very comprehensive service for overseas clients, which includes completing all notary work, liasing with and travelling to DFAT and the relevant embassies to obtain authentication and legalisation of the documents. We can also arrange for the document to be couriered back to your required address if applicable. Fees for this complete service on application.
Contact one of team today by calling our Canberra office on +61 (0)2 61405311 or email email@example.com or use our contact form and one of the team will be in touch to arrange a consultation within 24 business hours.