186 Employer Nomination Scheme
This is a permanent residency visa (with five year travel facility) that allows an employer to hire a skilled overseas employee directly or enable one of their temporary residence visa holders to apply for PR after meeting certain transitional arrangements. Companies and market sectors can also apply directly through work agreements (aka labour agreements).
The occupation must be on the skilled occupation list. These lists change often.
Employees need to meet a lot of criteria including:
- Be under 45
- Competent English
- Three years F/T work experience with the nominating employer
- Be healthy (and all the migrating family members must be healthy)
- No significant criminal history
- (don’t panic about parking tickets or minor runs in)
- not sentenced to jail for 12 months or more (or a member of an organized motorcycle gang)
- not convicted of offences against women or children
Many exemptions for the age and English requirements apply if you are:
- Working as a scientist or university lecturer
- A Kiwi here on a 444/461 visa
- A doctor working in a regional area
- An existing 457/482 worker
- Transitional 457 worker under 50
How can TranQuill Legal help you?
Employer Sponsored visas is one of our most frequently lodged visas and we have years of experience in this area. We can talk you through all the pit-falls and areas of difficulty before you choose the right visa stream for you and your employee, but talk to us before you start to ensure you don't get anything wrong! Contact one of our Registered Migration Agents today by calling our Canberra office on +61 (0)2 61405311 or email email@example.com or use our contact form and one of the team will be in touch to arrange a consultation within 24 business hours.