TranQuill Legal Pty Privacy Notice
This privacy notice describes what data we collect from you when you visit our website, how we process it and how you can get in touch with us with any questions. This policy is effective from August 2019. By using or registering with this website you agree to this notice.
Principles of our Privacy Notice
- Private: We will never sell, rent or trade information about you to other companies.
- Secure: In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us to prevent unauthorised access.
- Necessary: We won’t collect information unless it is used to deliver a better service or to give you useful, relevant information.
Data We Collect From You
We receive information about you in two ways:
- Directly from you– This is usually your contact details you provide via a form (e.g. to request further information).
- Automatically from the TranQuill Legal website: This includes your IP address and browsing behaviour. It helps us in understanding the way you interact with our site and enables us to improve our service to you. No personal data is collected when using analytics programs.
Securely Using Your Data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may legitimately interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. You can choose to opt-out of contact at any time.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Occasionally we may incorporate cookie-generated data together with other data we hold to communicate with you in the most appropriate way. We may also compile and provide aggregate statistics about our site users,
information requests, traffic patterns and any other related site information but will never identify you as an individual.
Information about you will be kept secure and it will not be supplied to anyone else, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it.
This website is owned and operated by TranQuill Legal Pty Ltd.
We are registered in Australia.
Our registered office is: Level 2, 28 University Avenue, Canberra ACT 2601
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by email to email@example.com or by telephone on +61 (0) 2 6140 5311.
Your Data Protection Rights
Please contact our Director (Owen Harris) any time to:
- Request access to information that TranQuill Legal Pty Ltd has about you
- Correct any information that TranQuill Legal Pty Ltd has about you
- Delete information that TranQuill Legal Pty Ltd has about you
- Ask any questions about TranQuill Legal Pty Ltd collection, storage and processing of your data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data\ for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Data Protection Act 2018 and Information Commissioner’s Office guidance, this website follows the “Affirmative Consent” basis for processing
Some cookies and trackers are essential to the operation of the service and cannot be disabled. If you wish to disable these you may do so via your browser settings.
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer.
Cookies help us to:
- Understand browsing habits on our website
- Understand the number of visitors to our website and the pages visited
- Remember you when you return to our website so we can provide you with a more personalised experience.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire.
Cookies We Use
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site may not then work.
Anonymised Analytics (Direct Controller)
Cookies and trackers used to measure web traffic, provided by the website as the Data Controller and its Data Processors acting on behalf of the Data Controller. All data is anonymised before sending to the Data Controller or Data Processor. (No data sharing).