He is a practising lawyer appointed by the ACT Supreme Court to hold public office. He has an internationally recognized power and authority to prepare certificates of Australian law for use overseas.
Notary Services We Offer At TranQuill Legal include:
- Certify true copies for use overseas
- Administer oaths for use in Australia/internationally
- Certify legal documents for use in Australia/internationally, including powers of attorney, wills, university degrees and transcripts, property deeds and general contracts
- Witness affidavits, statutory declarations and other documents for use in Australia/internationally
- Certify genuineness of documents
- Exemplification of official documents for use internationally (i.e. make an attested copy of a document under seal)
- Noting and contesting bills of exchange
- Preparation of ships’ protests
- Lodgement with DFAT and embassies of notarised/authenticated documents and those requiring an apostille
A notary appointment usually takes around half an hour, depending on the complexity of the work required.
Fees For Our Notary Services
As of January 2019 we charge $120 for the first document being notarised and $60 per subsequent document (assuming all the docyments are being notarised at the same appointment). We accept cash, credit card, EFTPOS and Applepay (in office only). It is also possible for us to arrange for you to pay by bank transfer if preferred.
The drafting of legal documents on your behalf is offered for an additional fee.
Contact us to arrange a appointment in our central Canberra office.